[OpenAFS] Problems installing openafs 1.4.4 on SuSE 10.1

alandhae@gmx.de alandhae@gmx.de
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 18:39:14 +0200 (CEST)

---142535608-668728663-1175680839=:4203

Hi everyone out there,

as a complete (open)afs and kerberos newbie I'm required to setup an
openafs Server for research purposes.

on my X86 Server 2 Xeon CPU 3.1 GHz 2GB Memory running SuSE 10.1

I did a

./configure --with-afs-sysname=i386_linux26 --enable-transarc-paths
--with-linux-kernel-headers=/usr/src/linux-2.6.16.13-4

make and make install.

I proceeded as it was described in the documentation

openafs-1.4.4/doc/html/QuickStartUnix/auqbg005.htm

I've managed to create the kernel modules and all the daemon instances.

The kernel module wasn't placed into the correct location

	/usr/vice/etc/modload

but on

	/usr/vice/etc

no big deal, just moved the Module to the correct location.

Another problem, to which I didn't find an anwer. The documentation often
states to copy file from /cdrom, those pathes usually don't exist in the
unpacked source where I have compiled from.

Also even when trying to find the correct startup files, the afs start
doesn't start the needed and created deamons.

Are there any hints for a more recent documentation, so a newbie could
setup an afs servr using kerberos 5 as authentication.

	Thanks for the help

	Andreas

--
Andreas Landhäußer		      T-Systems Solutions for Research GmbH
+49 551 709-2379 (fax -12379)	      Bunsenstr. 10

T-Systems Solutions for Research GmbH
Supervisory Board:  Dr. Hagen Hultzsch (Chairman)
Management Board: Jürgen Aumayer (Chairman), Hans Gersing, Dr. Claus-Axel Müller
Commercial register: Amtsgericht München, HRB 12 55 01, Registered Office: Weßling
VAT ident. no.: DE 193456493

Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error; any review, dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Thank you.

---142535608-668728663-1175680839=:4203--