[OpenAFS] REMINDER: LAST DAY [AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop 2007: CFP Extended]

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Sat, 07 Apr 2007 22:18:06 -0400

On Friday, April 06, 2007 08:12:12 PM -0700 ted creedon
<tcreedon@easystreet.com> wrote:

> Depends who is smart enough..
> tedc

No; in fact, Derrick's point is that 8 mailing lists do _not_ all care...

- openafs-announce and arla-announce don't care, and you shouldn't be
  trying to post things to those lists that are not "announcements".
  And by that I mean official announcements from people authorized to
  post to those lists.

- kerberos@mit.edu and heimdal-discuss don't care; those are Kerberos
  related lists, and Kerberos doesn't use Rx.

- Given what you asked, openafs-info doesn't care either -- that list is
  for discussions relevant to AFS users and administrators; topics of
  interest only to developers and hackers belong on -devel.

- I don't think info-afs cares about _anything_ any more -- it's a fairly
  dead list, and the workshop announcements are sent there only for
  completeness.

So, that leaves a grand total of two lists that might care.  Maybe.

The point is, wide-replying to an announcement is generally considered
impolite, because such replies typically reach far more people than care
about your question/comment/request/whatever.  So, please don't do it.

-- Jeff