[OpenAFS] Add new fileserver

Chris Huebsch chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 12:23:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Steve Devine wrote:
>>  You create a volume (vos create) on the server you want to use and then
>>  you mount that somewhere (fs mkm). I suggest you create one volume for
>>  each user, one for each project etc. And make sure replicate all volumes
>>  that need not be updated too often like, root.afs, root.cell, home (in
>>  which you mount all user's home volumes) and so on.
>>
> I would reconsider making home dirs replicas. I don't know how many users you
> will have but do you want to be releasing their vols all the time?

He did not suggest replication user-homes. But it is really recommended
not to have a single point of failure mountpoint down to the leaves of
the mount-tree. If one has really that much users, that releasing the
volume with the mountpoints of the user-volumes has to take place too
often, then splitting the content of home to different volumes seems to
be a good idea.

Chris
--
Mitarbeiter an der TU Chemnitz, Fak.f. Informatik, Professur VSR
Buero: Str. d. Nationen 62, B204, D-09111 Chemnitz