[OpenAFS] Add new fileserver

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Mon, 09 Apr 2007 06:05:59 -0400

Alexander Boström wrote:
> sön 2007-04-08 klockan 17:33 +0800 skrev Melvin Wong:
>
>> But I'm a bit lost on how should I further expand to afs2, afs3 and so
>> on. If I create a home directory for my users on afs1, do I need to
>> create the exact directory on my afs2?
>>

> You create a volume (vos create) on the server you want to use and then
> you mount that somewhere (fs mkm). I suggest you create one volume for
> each user, one for each project etc. And make sure replicate all volumes
> that need not be updated too often like, root.afs, root.cell, home (in
> which you mount all user's home volumes) and so on.

I would reconsider making home dirs replicas. I don't know how many
users you will have but do you want to be releasing their vols all the time?
/sd
> /abo

Steve Devine
Storage Systems
Academic Computing & Network Services
Michigan State University
506 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327
Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra