[OpenAFS] Add new fileserver

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:41:28 -0500

chas williams - CONTRACTOR <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
> In message <F411512C-1517-4702-BB5B-6F4015C16965@umich.edu>,Steve
> Simmons write s:
>>> my servers dont start with afs.  is this a common thing?
>>
>> Most cells I've seen do that. But that particular line is a umich-ism
>> that ought to be taken out.
>
> looking at CellServDB i wouldnt say most.

Well, certain cells might have a different entry in the CellServDB
versus various CNAMES that are used locally.

cclausen@KBS-CDC C:\>vos listaddrs
cac.illigal.uiuc.edu
gcs.illigal.uiuc.edu
ial.illigal.uiuc.edu

cclausen@KBS-CDC C:\>@for /l %i in (1,1,3) do @vos partinfo
file%i.illigal.uiuc.edu
Free space on partition /vicepa: 6603356 K blocks out of total 6636464
Free space on partition /vicepa: 8994296 K blocks out of total 9125772
Free space on partition /vicepa: 278516032 K blocks out of total
279261540
Free space on partition /vicepb: 547315572 K blocks out of total
547446812
Free space on partition /vicepc: 575637588 K blocks out of total
602187124

(In this instance, I have AFS servers prefixed with file instead of
afs.)

<<CDC