[OpenAFS] More GPL-only Linux mess with 2.6.20

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:23:07 -0700

When trying to build kernel modules against the 2.6.20 in Debian unstable,
we're now getting:

FATAL: modpost: GPL-incompatible module nvidia.ko uses GPL-only
    symbol 'paravirt_ops'

It looks like asm*/paravirt.h redefines a bunch of operations in terms of
things in the paravirt struct if CONFIG_PARAVIRT is enabled, which it is
by default on the Debian kernels, and paravirt_ops is a GPL-only symbol.

Beyond that, I'm a bit out of my depth.  Is there a way to work around
this that will work with kernels with CONFIG_PARAVIRT enabled?