[OpenAFS] getting recent openafs on suse desktop 10.2

Martin Lutken mlu@danware.dk
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:15:25 +0200

In order for OpenAFS to compile (latest versions at least) you should first=
=20
navigate to /usr/src/linux (symlink to our current kernel source, You might=
=20
need to install it with Yast first).

*** In the linux kernel directory ***
/usr/src/linux # make cloneconfig
/usr/src/linux # make prepare

Perhaps you even need to build the whole kernel.
(But I don't believe it's necessary)

*** Then compile OpenAFS ***
afs:openafs-1.5.17=20
# ./configure --enable-transarc-paths --enable-supergroups --enable-namei-f=
ileserver --enable-largefile-fileserver --with-krb5-conf=3D/usr/lib/mit/bin=
/krb5-config --with-linux-kernel-headers=3D/usr/src/linux --enable-fast-res=
tart --enable-bitmap-later
# make
# make install

*** Client kernel module 'sunrpc' ***
Before using modprobe/insmod on the libafs kernel module you=20
need to install the 'sunrpc' module into the kernel. If not=20
you will get an undefined symbol error message.
# modprobe sunrpc
# insmod /usr/local/lib/openafs/libafs-2.6.18.2-34-default.mp.ko

Note that your actual kernel version number might be different.

Hope it works!

=2DMartin L=FCtken