[OpenAFS] 1.4.3 for Solaris SPARC = "BAD TRAP"

Jeff Blaine jblaine@mitre.org
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:17:28 -0400

Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> Jeff Blaine wrote:
>> Derrick J Brashear wrote:

>>> Won't change anything. Points to your compiler environment, though.
>>
>> Okay, well, I have all of the following installed:
>>
>> http://docs.sun.com/source/819-3052/patches.html#37745
>>
>> Then I do a pristine Sun Studio 11 install.
>>
>> Sun Studio 11 installs, including its included patch set,
>> with zero errors.
>>
>> I don't know what else I can do on my part...
>>
>> Doug:
>>
>> I'm using Sun Studio 11 + /usr/ccs/bin/ld
>
> what does /usr/css/bin/ld -V
> show as the version number. The build machine
> was using 5.9-1.397 which appears to work.
> Just wondering if yours is out of date, and has
> problems with the Studio 11.

bash-2.05# /usr/ccs/bin/ld -V
ld: Software Generation Utilities - Solaris Link Editors: 5.9-1.397
bash-2.05#

> But you appear to have gotten past the rx_event.o
> error 52. How did you get past it? Just a reinstall
> of Studio 11?

I re-Jumpstarted the box, installed the latest Solaris 9
cluster, and reinstalled Sun Studio 11.

I don't see what else I could possibly do to make my
"compiler environment" more correct...