[OpenAFS] Is it in the cache?

FB fbo2@gmx.net
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 07:52:24 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 08:37:26AM -0500, Tim Theisen wrote:
> I was experimenting using AFS on my cluster and the results look pretty
> good.
>
> However, one of the cluster job developers wants to know if there is a
> way to tell whether or not a file is in the AFS cache.  His jobs compute
> a fair amount of intermediate data and when the second part of his job
> starts up, the node ranks may not be the same.  He'd like a way to
> quickly determine what is in the cache and read everything local.

try this:

 $ fs getfid $FILENAME
 File $FILENAME ($xxxxxxxx.$yy.$zzzz) contained in volume $xxxxxxxxx
 $ cmdebug -servers localhost -long | grep $xxxxxxxxx.$yy.$zzzz

This tells you, if a file is "in any way" in the cache. It will however
not tell you, which parts (chunks) of it are stored locally.

Regards,

Frank