[OpenAFS] Is it in the cache?

Tim Theisen ttheisen@tomotherapy.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:53:08 -0500

Thanks for the tip.  This will probably suffice.

...Tim
--
       Tim Theisen                     Lead Research Software Engineer
Phone: +1 608 824 2848                 TomoTherapy Incorporated
  Fax: +1 608 824 2996                 1240 Deming Way
  Web: http://www.tomotherapy.com      Madison, WI 53717-1954 =20

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org
[mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org] On Behalf Of FB
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 00:52
To: OpenAFS-Discussion
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Is it in the cache?

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 08:37:26AM -0500, Tim Theisen wrote:
> I was experimenting using AFS on my cluster and the results look
pretty
> good.
>=20
> However, one of the cluster job developers wants to know if there is a
> way to tell whether or not a file is in the AFS cache.  His jobs
compute
> a fair amount of intermediate data and when the second part of his job
> starts up, the node ranks may not be the same.  He'd like a way to
> quickly determine what is in the cache and read everything local.

try this:

 $ fs getfid $FILENAME
 File $FILENAME ($xxxxxxxx.$yy.$zzzz) contained in volume $xxxxxxxxx
 $ cmdebug -servers localhost -long | grep $xxxxxxxxx.$yy.$zzzz

This tells you, if a file is "in any way" in the cache. It will however
not tell you, which parts (chunks) of it are stored locally.

Regards,

Frank