[OpenAFS] One of my users has married - what to do?

John Hascall john@iastate.edu
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 18:09:34 CDT

> > On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> >> what do I have to do to rename a user.
> >> It was easy with pts but how to rename a user
> >> with kas.

> > You can't. My old trick was to use a tool which we had hacked up to
> > pull a key from the database, and reinject that key for the new
> > username, then delete the old one.

> Is it possible to perform a similar trick directly on true Kerberos 5
> principals?

Not in any recent from-MIT version.  There used to be a

   rename_principal ${oldname} ${newname}

command in kadmin[.local] but it vanished at some point.
We've been adding it back in ever since here as we end
up doing a couple hundred renames a year.

John