[OpenAFS] elegant solution for user change?

Jochen Thäder jochen@thaeder.de
Thu, 02 Aug 2007 21:20:31 +0200

Hi,

A Problem is troubling me now for quiete a while, for which I don't
have an elegant solution. ( using openafs and heimdal kerberos )

afs-user "worker" should change to afs-user "operator" (using a
keyfile) into a clean shell without typing a passwd. The keyfile is
only accessible for worker.

So I do something like this ( which works like expected )

export OP_K=`perl -MMIME::Base64 -ne 'print encode_base64($_)' keyfile`
kpagsh
echo $OP_K | perl -MMIME::Base64 -ne 'print decode_base64($_)' > xfoo
kinit -t xfoo operator
ssh -X operator@`hostname`

When I exit from there, I have the same situation for worker as before
( as I want )

Is there a nice way to put this into a script so that my worker user
could use it. Or is there maybe a very simple solution to this, and
I'm just to stupid and unexperienced to find it??

Thanks for help
    Jochen

--
Jochen Thäder  jochen@thaeder.de

Computer Science/Computer Engineering
Kirchhoff Institute of Physics - Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg