[OpenAFS] General OpenAFS question

infoshare info@infoshare-consulting.com
Sun, 5 Aug 2007 10:24:28 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to figure out if OpenAFS is the solution to my problem (before
testing)...

I have about 6 different servers with multiple drives/volumes on each.
Each of the drives have a very similar file directory layout.
What I am trying to do is merge all of these locations into one location
that can be both read and written to just like a network resource (windows -
shares).

My guess is that OpenAFS (installed on each server) would allow me to
collectivly pool all of the free disk space available on all of the volumes
and allow me to access this collective pool via a network share.

Is openAfs for windows my solution?