[OpenAFS] patches for package and mpp

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:09:03 -0700

Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk> writes:

> Some time ago there was some discussion about the package command and
> its preprocessor mpp.  I suppose there aren't many of us still using it,
> but it is possible to compile it and run it with appropriate patches.
> The enclosed diffs remove the pre-ANSI prototypes and replace varargs
> using stdarg.  They work on 32 and on 64 bit architecture machines.

> These are against openafs-1.4.4, the Debian 'orig' version, but they
> should work with others.

We've actually deleted both out of HEAD in CVS.  Ideally, if someone wants
to maintain them, it would be nice to set that up as a separate project
with its own releases, since there's really nothing AFS-specific about the
tools.  Maybe jhutz can comment?  I seem to recall that he knew the
location of the latest version, which is newer than what's in AFS anyway.