[OpenAFS] weird behaviour of pts source

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:26:08 -0400

Hi,

I compiled 1.4.4 on Mac OS X ppc Tiger with the supergroups option. I
seem to be getting weird behaviour from pts source. It seems to be
acting just like pts interactive. Am I doing something wrong?

Here is a log:
### I logged into afs as a regular user.
%cat /tmp/commands.txt
examine admin
quit
%./pts source -file /tmp/commands.txt
pts> quit
%./pts in < /tmp/commands.txt
Name: admin, id: 1, owner: system:administrators, creator: anonymous,
  membership: 2, flags: S----, group quota: 20.
%

Can someone shed some light on this? Does my ptserver have to be
compiled with supergroups in order for pts source to work? I stumbled
over this while trying out the command so that I could write the man
page for it.

Sincerely,
jason