[OpenAFS] OpenAFS and RHEL5 Server 64-bit?

Berthold Cogel cogel@rrz.uni-koeln.de
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:50:11 +0200

Scott Ehrlich schrieb:
> I have some dual-boot XP/CentOS 5 systems that I want to authenticate to
> a server running RHEL 5 Server 64-bit edition, unpatched.   I want
> central authentication from the server, so the same home directory will
> appear for any account created on the server, regardless of whether the
> user is logging into the Windows or Linux side, even for simultaneous
> logins.
>
> I obtained the latest OpenAFS source from openafs.org, but compiling
> crashed.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

I took the RHEL4 src.rpm from openafs.org and did a 'rpmbuild --rebuild'
for RHEL5 32bit and 64bit versions. No problem here with the clients for
about three weeks. I haven't tested the server yet.
CentOS is RHEL, so this should work for your systems too. The rebuild
will tell you which packages and libraries you need (flex,bison ...).

Regards,
Berthold