[OpenAFS] klog with sites using fakeka against MIT1.6.2 broken?

Matt Elliott melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:21:24 -0500

We just discovered a problem with our KDC now running MIT 1.6.2.
When a user changes their password (previous keys were created with
our old kdc version 1.4.3 still work) with patches and then tries
klog it  longer grants tokens. klog returns "Unable to authenticate
to AFS because password was incorrect."  kinit and a subsequent aklog
still works.  Has anyone else seen this or have a fix?

Thanks,

Matt Elliott            Production Systems Infrastructure
217-265-0257            <mailto:melliott@ncsa.uiuc.edu>