[OpenAFS] Problem with logging and Xserver

Moritz Bunse bunse@physik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:46:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I'm running an openafs 1.4.4 server on CentOS 5 for a couple of month.
Last week I discovered a strange problem concerning the logging of the
bosserver and the xserver. It seems that the bosserver starts logging to
vt7, where normally the xserver is running. When I switch to vt7 my
session hangs. The server is still running and I can login via ssh, but
the server is not responding to any direct keyboard input. When I kill
the /usr/bin/Xorg process everything seems to be fine again. I can do a
graphical login. Switching to e.g. vt1 is possible and I figured
out, that the restarted Xserver is actually running on vt8.
Switching to vt7, where I see the bosservers messages, results in a hang
up again. A complete reboot did not help.

I hope, someone has a hint for me.

Cheers,
	Moritz