[OpenAFS] Syntax error in afs_md5.h on FreeBSD

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:07:20 -0400

Jason C. Wells wrote:

  I do know that.  The last time I tried porting I got the client to read
  a list of directories before crashing.  Maybe it's a little better now.

I suspect it's worse.  FreeBSD has been evolving but no one has been working
on making OpenAFS work with it.  The issues now mostly have to do with
locking changes made in FreeBSD since 5.x.

  I am trying to make a FreeBSD port for the FreeBSD ports and packages
  system.

If you could send any needed patches to me I would appreciate it so I can
put them in to the OpenAFS source.

You may want to check the cvs head to see if any patches have gone in there
and not been merged to the release branches.  Again, I think you'll have
better luck with the 1.4.x branch, as that's where I tend to merge bsd
changes to.