[OpenAFS] Rebuild vldb?

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Sat, 08 Dec 2007 19:43:56 +0100

Jerry Normandin wrote:
> Hi
>
> My directories in /afs/dafca.com/home
> Are giving me a connection timed out for accessing most of them. Before
> this happened access to vldb through vos was slowing down.  Will a sync
> fix this or any ideas?

"connection timed out" looks like one of your fileservers could be down.
If the volume wouldn't be in the vldb you would get "no such device".
Only then a sync between filserver and vldb can help.

If you do "vos listvldb <volume name>" does it give the correct answer?

-Hartmut
Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)