[OpenAFS] Problem with AFS Client on Windows Vista x64

Christian Svensson blue@cmd.nu
Sat, 8 Dec 2007 22:39:46 +0100

Hello!

I've spent the day reading about and installing OpenAFS - it's quite
neat. I have a problem though: when I try to obtain my token using the
"Obtain new tokens.." button and filling in the fields I'm presented
with a error saying:

"The AFS client was unable to obtain tokens as bluecommand in cell cmd.nu.
Error: 20 (unknown authentication error 20)"

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, AFS Client 1.5.27 and KfW
3.2.2. KfW 3.2.2 works with PuTTY and others and it has the AFS plugin
loaded and everything. AFS was installed after KfW / PuTTY.

When I try to renew / obtain my credentials in KfW I'm greeted with the error:
"Could not locate configuration information for cell cmd.nu.
The error code returned was -1."

Both errors appear seemingly instant which makes me suspect it's a
local configuration error and not a server response triggering the
message.

Greetings!

P.S. I have verified that the AFS server works by using the AFS client
under Windows XP x32
 D.S

--
Christian Svensson