Fwd: [OpenAFS] Re: Problem with AFS Client on Windows Vista x64

Christian Svensson blue@cmd.nu
Sun, 9 Dec 2007 12:33:20 +0100

I apparently dropped off list, my bad. Posting to make it appear in
the archives for future help.

Anyhow, I managed to solve it by installing KfW for 64-bit
(http://www.secure-endpoints.com/#kfw).

Thanks!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christian Svensson <blue@cmd.nu>
Date: Dec 9, 2007 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Re: Problem with AFS Client on Windows Vista x64

On 12/9/07, Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
> 64-bit OpenAFS for Windows requires 64-bit KFW.
I can't seem to find KfW for 64-bit - MIT only provides links to 32
bit as far as I can see.

> 32-bit OpenAFS Tools for Windows requires 32-bit KFW.
I have 32-bit OpenAFS tool installed. I thought that the tools would
act as a "bridge" between the 64-bit AFS and the 32-bit KfW - if that
is not the case, what function does the Tools provide then?

> CellServDB for 64-bit is in \Program Files\OpenAFS\Client
That's the one I changed

> CellServDB for 32-bit is in \Program Files (x86)\OpenAFS\Client
No such file exists.

On 12/9/07, Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:

> But is "cmd.nu" the workstation cell?
As far as I can tell yes. The server is configured for that and the
"Cell name" says cmd.nu.

> Freelance is the default.
OK - I suppose I will leave it there then

> No configuration data for your realm in krb5.ini
Listing C:\Windows\krb5.ini:
[domain_realm]
        .cmd.nu = "CMD.NU"
        cmd.nu = "CMD.NU"

[libdefaults]
        default_realm = "CMD.NU"
        forwardable = "true"

[realms]
        CMD.NU = {
                admin_server = "thunder.cmd.nu"
                kdc = "thunder.cmd.nu"
                master_kdc = "thunder.cmd.nu"
        }

> Send crash data to Microsoft.  Perhaps they will fix it in SP1.
Let's hope so

--
Christian Svensson
Command Systems