[OpenAFS] can someone point me in the right direction on cleaning up RO volumes?

Kim Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:59:56 -0700

<head>
</head>
While it's true that putting an RO on the same server and partition as
the RW will save some disk space, it doesn't protect against failure of
the RW storage device (LUN, drive, whatever.)<br>
I therefore put some critical ROs on separate LUNs on the RW server.<br>
In rampant paranoia,<br>
Kim<br>
Jeffrey Altman wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Jerry Normandin wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hi,

   My AFS deployment is much faster now that I’ve been cleaning up the vldb.

One problem is that I noticed that many of the RO and RW volumes are on
the same server. ( I didn’t do it, I inherited this)
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
You want a RO on the same server as the RW and then replicas of the RO
on other servers.

  </pre>