[OpenAFS] can someone point me in the right direction on cleaning up RO volumes?

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:37:26 -0600

Kim Kimball <dhk@ccre.com> wrote:
> While it's true that putting an RO on the same server and partition
> as the RW will save some disk space, it doesn't protect against
> failure of the RW storage device (LUN, drive, whatever.)
>
> I therefore put some critical ROs on separate LUNs on the RW server.

I thought was point was to save some time during the vos release process
and as such the RO clones MUST be on the same partition as the RW in
order for this copy on write benefit to work correctly.

<<CDC