[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] SOS: AFS instllation/Configuration

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Thu, 01 Feb 2007 04:46:28 -0500

"Srikanth Bhaskar" <srikanth.bhaskar@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi All,
>
> Thank a lot for the wonderful response.
>
> I am able to setup the AFS Server on AIX 5.3 following the documentation.
>
> Now, I have 2 clients, one on Linux and one on Windows. On Linux, I logged
> in and get this error. xyz.com cell is listed in /afs. It does exist on
> CellServDB and ThisCell.
> [root@bri6506-5-fc3-1 ~]# /usr/bin/klog admin
> Password:
> [root@bri6506-5-fc3-1 ~]# cd /afs/xyz.com
> -bash: cd: /afs/xyz.com: No such device
>
> On Windows, I logged in, obtained the token. Mapped /afs to D: on my
> machine. But in D: xyz.com is not listed in it.
>
> Please help me get through at this point. Am I doing anythin wrong? Shud I
> be creating Volumes or stuff on the AIX box?

Yes you should be creating Volumes or something.
It doesn't matter if you do it under aix or RH, or even both,
just so long as your client can talk to vl & vl properly
knows where all the fileservers & volumes are.

By convention, you should have at least these volumes:
	root.cell	- root of *your* per-cell hierarchy.
	root.afs	- volume that might be mounted as /afs .
				(if not using dynroot).
			should contain a mountpoint to at least root.cell.
You will probably actually want more volumes than just these.

					-Marcus