[OpenAFS] Unable to restore incemental dumps from backup file

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 07:08:21 -0500

I create a new volset file for each backup incremental, instead of
appending.  The bu database will keep track of which file it needs to
restore a volume from.  You can check the list of volset files required
by using "-n" to the backup restore command.  It appears that appending
to a file does not work.  I typically end up with 76 bu volset files per
semester.  I have no problem restoring a volume.