[OpenAFS] Possible Kernel Memory leak, OpenAFS 1.4.2+, RH3 i686/amd64

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:42:26 -0500

On Tuesday, February 20, 2007 11:25:56 AM -0500 chas williams - CONTRACTOR
<chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.4.61.0702201110460.23631@igloo.umd.edu>,Kevin
> Hildebrand w rites:
>> Eureka...  I've found the problem, there is a missing 'crfree' in
>> 'afs_linux_lookup'.  I will submit this as a bug report.
>>
>> I'd still love to know the user-land path that ends up triggering this...
>
> it means that you have the some volume mounted (atleast) twice and the
> volume (directory) information is already in the linux dentry cache.
> if the afs client finds that you already have a reference to a volume
> and it can't make that reference go away, it returns existing reference.
> as you noticed, this path fails to call crfree().

In fact, we just discovered this on Sunday.  For those watching from the
sidelines, Kevin's bug report (with a patch) is #54549 in RT.

-- Jeff