[OpenAFS] Possible Kernel Memory leak, OpenAFS 1.4.2+, RH3 i686/amd64

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:25:56 -0500

In message <Pine.LNX.4.61.0702201110460.23631@igloo.umd.edu>,Kevin Hildebrand w
rites:
>Eureka...  I've found the problem, there is a missing 'crfree' in
>'afs_linux_lookup'.  I will submit this as a bug report.
>
>I'd still love to know the user-land path that ends up triggering this...

it means that you have the some volume mounted (atleast) twice and the
volume (directory) information is already in the linux dentry cache.
if the afs client finds that you already have a reference to a volume
and it can't make that reference go away, it returns existing reference.
as you noticed, this path fails to call crfree().