[OpenAFS] Help needed: Linux reports 0 free bytes for /afs

Bastian dea1306@melvex.xs4all.nl
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:44:25 +0100

Hello all,

When I compile the openafs-module with kernel 2.6.18 from Debian Etch,
Linux reports 0 bytes (free, total and available) for the AFS filesystem
under /afs (one can tell by using df).

Apart from that, AFS works fine, but some applications think /afs is out
of disk space and will not run correctly.

I had to revert to 2.6.17, but I would like to use 2.6.18 because it
will ship with the stable release of Debian Etch.

My question is: Is this a problem of the openafs-module or a bug in
kernel 2.6.18 ? And if it's a kernel problem, can anyone give me some
additional information on the way openafs reports disk space, so I can
file a useful bug report.

My other question is: is there a way to circumvent this (use 2.6.18 and
still get the 'right'  disk space values).

Thanks in advance.

Bastian