[OpenAFS] Help needed: Linux reports 0 free bytes for /afs

Marc Dionne marc.dionne@technoconseil.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:19:00 -0500

Bastian wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> When I compile the openafs-module with kernel 2.6.18 from Debian Etch,
> Linux reports 0 bytes (free, total and available) for the AFS filesystem
> under /afs (one can tell by using df).
>
> Apart from that, AFS works fine, but some applications think /afs is out
> of disk space and will not run correctly.
>
> I had to revert to 2.6.17, but I would like to use 2.6.18 because it
> will ship with the stable release of Debian Etch.
>
> My question is: Is this a problem of the openafs-module or a bug in
> kernel 2.6.18 ? And if it's a kernel problem, can anyone give me some
> additional information on the way openafs reports disk space, so I can
> file a useful bug report.
>
> My other question is: is there a way to circumvent this (use 2.6.18 and
> still get the 'right'  disk space values).
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bastian

Your best bet is probably to try a more recent version (1.4.3rc2 for
instance).  That bug (assuming it's the same one) was fixed in the
OpenAFS source a while ago, but it missed the 1.4.2 release.

Marc