[OpenAFS] Is AFS suitable for this scenario?

Chris Huebsch chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 14:33:36 +0100 (CET)

--8323328-698645930-1167831216=:5452

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Jacobo Garc=EDa wrote:

> First of all I want to implement an instant replication solution in
> another machine.

AFS does not provide instant replication service.

> Next step would be that if server A falls server B could take his place
> and that should be transparent to the rails app.

AFS does not provide hot-standby or failover.

> Can I use AFS for this tasks?, what steps do you think are important to
> achieve this goals?

Perhaps you should stay with your NFS and have a look at drbd.

Chris
--=20
  TU Chemnitz, Informatik, VSR  | Chemnitzer Linux-Tage 2007, 3.-4. Maerz
   Str. d. Nationen 62, B204    |     http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de
        D-09107 Chemnitz        |
+49 371 531-31118, Fax -831118 | http://www.huebsch-gemacht.de -> weblog
--8323328-698645930-1167831216=:5452--