[OpenAFS] Re: openafs does not put a [correct] value in fsinfo.f_type?

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:31:16 -0600

Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
> If you are in a position to get a new entry added to the Linux
> sys/statfs.h header file, please do so.  I would suggest a value of
>
>  AFS_SUPER_MAGIC  0x5346414F
>
> To be honest, I really don't think there would be any harm in just
> using this value.  "OAFS"  Who else would?

Well, would there be a need to have arla use the same value?  Or other
non OpenAFS clients?  Or is it a feature that this number can be used to
identify the client software as well as the fs type?

<<CDC