[OpenAFS] Part 1: Solaris 9, OpenAFS 1.4.2, MIT KDC

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 23:17:53 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Jeff Blaine wrote:

> Here's what you need to do to *start to begin* to even think
> about migrating from kaserver to an MIT KDC under Solaris 9:
>
> These exact steps are determined to be REQUIRED after countless
> hours of screwing around with this and having errata explained
> to me via email from folks.  Hopefully it will save someone
> else loads of wasted time.  If it doesn't work for you, I'm
> sorry.
>
> 0.  OPTIONAL: Grab Solaris 9 SPARC OpenAFS package.  Find
>    it has no aklog or asetkey.  Remove Solaris 9 SPARC
>    OpenAFS package.
>
> 1.  Download Sun Studio 11.  No GCC allowed.

Gcc is allowed starting with Solaris 10. Technically you can use gcc if
you don't want to build a Solaris kernel module with Solaris 9, but you
didn't ask that. I answered what you asked; I'm not a mind-reader.