[OpenAFS] Part 1: Solaris 9, OpenAFS 1.4.2, MIT KDC

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Wed, 03 Jan 2007 20:32:57 -0500

Here's what you need to do to *start to begin* to even think
about migrating from kaserver to an MIT KDC under Solaris 9:

These exact steps are determined to be REQUIRED after countless
hours of screwing around with this and having errata explained
to me via email from folks.  Hopefully it will save someone
else loads of wasted time.  If it doesn't work for you, I'm
sorry.

0.  OPTIONAL: Grab Solaris 9 SPARC OpenAFS package.  Find
     it has no aklog or asetkey.  Remove Solaris 9 SPARC
     OpenAFS package.

1.  Download Sun Studio 11.  No GCC allowed.

2.  Install it (defaults to /opt/SUNWspro)

3.  Set your PATH to include /opt/SUNWspro/bin and ALSO...

4.  Set environment variables for build tools.

         CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc ; export CC
         LD=/usr/ccs/bin/ld ; export LD

5.  Download and unpackage MIT Kerberos 1.5.1

6.  Build and install MIT Kerberos 1.5.1

         cd src
         ./configure --disable-dns-for-realm --prefix=/export/k5
         make
         make install

7.  Set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS to include where you installed
     Kerberos.

          LDFLAGS="-L/export/k5/lib -R/export/k5/lib"
          export LDFLAGS
          CPPFLAGS="-I/export/k5/include"
          export CPPFLAGS

8.  Download and unpackage OpenAFS 1.4.2 source

9.  Build and install OpenAFS 1.4.2

         ./configure --enable-transarc-paths \
              --with-krb5-conf=/export/k5/bin/krb5-config
         make
         make dest

10.  Now you have an OpenAFS 1.4.2 with an aklog binary.  You
      also have an 'asetkey' binary, but it's not dropped into
      your 'dest' area when you 'make dest'.  Why?  I don't know.

          cp src/aklog/asetkey sun4x_59/dest/bin

More as I unravel this and write it :|