[OpenAFS] Part 1: Solaris 9, OpenAFS 1.4.2, MIT KDC
Wed, 03 Jan 2007 20:32:57 -0500
Here's what you need to do to *start to begin* to even think
about migrating from kaserver to an MIT KDC under Solaris 9:
These exact steps are determined to be REQUIRED after countless
hours of screwing around with this and having errata explained
to me via email from folks. Hopefully it will save someone
else loads of wasted time. If it doesn't work for you, I'm
0. OPTIONAL: Grab Solaris 9 SPARC OpenAFS package. Find
it has no aklog or asetkey. Remove Solaris 9 SPARC
1. Download Sun Studio 11. No GCC allowed.
2. Install it (defaults to /opt/SUNWspro)
3. Set your PATH to include /opt/SUNWspro/bin and ALSO...
4. Set environment variables for build tools.
CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc ; export CC
LD=/usr/ccs/bin/ld ; export LD
5. Download and unpackage MIT Kerberos 1.5.1
6. Build and install MIT Kerberos 1.5.1
./configure --disable-dns-for-realm --prefix=/export/k5
7. Set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS to include where you installed
8. Download and unpackage OpenAFS 1.4.2 source
9. Build and install OpenAFS 1.4.2
./configure --enable-transarc-paths \
10. Now you have an OpenAFS 1.4.2 with an aklog binary. You
also have an 'asetkey' binary, but it's not dropped into
your 'dest' area when you 'make dest'. Why? I don't know.
cp src/aklog/asetkey sun4x_59/dest/bin
More as I unravel this and write it :|