[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Server or Network not Responding

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:36:35 -0500 (EST)

Please keep it on the list.

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Srikanth Bhaskar wrote:

> After configuring the client on my XP machine, I see a n/w drive and when I
> open it, I see 2 openafs.org folders (one hidden and one normal).
>
> I right click in the explorer window and go to "New -> New Text Document"
> It comes up with a error: Unable to Create New Text Document.txt. File does
> not exist.

Why would you have access to write to the openafs.org cell?
As far as I know we haven't given you an account.

If you're trying to write in /afs, well, that's a generated directory with
references to all cells you have talked to or configured. It's not real,
you can't write there.