[OpenAFS] Re: Windows AFS client / Kerberos V

Joe Buehler jbuehler@spirentcom.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:06:18 -0500

Rodney M Dyer wrote:

> So what version of the OpenAFS client are they running?  Most new
> versions can already authenticate against K5 KDCs provided you also
> install the MIT Kerberos for Windows package.  Depending on the file
> server AFS version, you may or may not need the 524 daemon installed.

> So if you can't change anything, is there a point in asking?

I didn't say I couldn't change anything, just that I can't (easily) change
the Windows clients.  I can make any changes I want on the servers.

All the AFS software involved is recent -- the linux servers are 1.4.2,
the Windows clients are all 1.5.x.

Is there any backwards compatible way to run a Windows client
against an MIT K5 KDC or am I forced to mass-install MIT Kerberos
for Windows and re-educate my users?
--
Joe Buehler