[OpenAFS] Re: "vos dump" authorization based on "bos adduser"?

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 07 Jun 2007 20:13:58 -0700

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:

>>> -localauth. (but aklog doesn't *require* ptserver; see afslog)

>> But localauth doesn't even require the "bos adduser" list...

>> I guess I'm just wondering if the bos userlist can be eliminated and
>> bosserver/volserver can use system:administrators instead.  I'll write
>> up a patch adding an option for this unless there's some reason why
>> this is a Very Bad Idea.

> bosserver can't depend on ptserver..

I think we're going in circles here... didn't you indicate above that
"-localauth" should be used in situations where bosserver must be used
without any running ptservers?

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380