[OpenAFS] Re: "vos dump" authorization based on "bos adduser"?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 23:19:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Adam Megacz wrote:

>>> But localauth doesn't even require the "bos adduser" list...
>
>>> I guess I'm just wondering if the bos userlist can be eliminated and
>>> bosserver/volserver can use system:administrators instead.  I'll write
>>> up a patch adding an option for this unless there's some reason why
>>> this is a Very Bad Idea.
>
>> bosserver can't depend on ptserver..
>
> I think we're going in circles here... didn't you indicate above that
> "-localauth" should be used in situations where bosserver must be used
> without any running ptservers?

That's bos. i said "bosserver can't depend on ptserver".

Your mind is going in circles, my explanation is not.

How does the bosserver decide you're eligible if there's no ptserver?
Well, it times out and then just allows localauth. Timeout. Ick.