[OpenAFS] FC6 MIT/Krb5 AFS basic install questions

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:12:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Doug Hirsch wrote:

> Greetings from Cambridge, up the river from MIT!  I'm out "in the
> field" visiting my company headquarters, attending the non-technical
> course which justified this trip, trying, during my breaks, to install
> an AFS/Kerberos "proof-of-concept" demo cell on an aged i686 desktop
> in the lab.  I spent four hours last night flipping between OpenAFS
> web site, AFS wiki, Fedora site and wiki, various Kerberos cheat
> sheets and RPM intros, and I'm confused about the software
> installation order.
>
> I installed Fedora Core 6 from five CDs.  I haven't yet discovered
> whether my generic FC6 install included MIT Kerberos 5, and I suspect
> I'll piece that information together this afternoon.
>
> If I have to install Kerberos software, do I want to install the
> software after, or before the AFS software?  Will some libraries be
> overwritten?
>
> The OpenAFS release pages list a bunch of RPMs for each FC release.
> Do I take all of them, somehow point Yum at them, or select a specific
> sample?

You should be able to Yum at them, and I suppose I should find out how
again and put it in the wiki, and the install instructions, and then
arrange for the release script to consistently generate the info.