[OpenAFS] Rebuild of crashed server

David Sonenberg dsonenberg@strozllc.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:58:25 -0400

I have a openafs environment with 4 AFS servers, where the database is
replicated to all but one of the servers.  The server that houses the
volumes for the root of the directory has crashed.  The file system is
currently running fsck --rebuild-tree but I expect that it will not come
back.  I have recent dumps of all the volumes housed on that server, as
well as readonly copies on all the other servers.  My question is if I
need to recreate the dead server, what is the best way to go about it?

--
David Sonenberg, CISSP, GCIH, CCNA
Director, Information Technology

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No right
to confidential or privileged treatment of this message is waived or
lost by any error in transmission.  If you have received this message
in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail or by
telephone, delete the message and all copies from your system and
destroy any hard copies.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you
are not the intended recipient.