[OpenAFS] Re: cyrus with storage in afs?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:30:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Adam Megacz wrote:

> Robert Banz <banz@umbc.edu> writes:
>> Don't try to use Cyrus on AFS.  It's a losing proposition from a
>> performance and data integrity standpoint.
>
> Sorry to resurrect an old thread here, but I recently got grilled on
> this point and was embarrassed at being unable to give a precise
> ansewr...  assuming that performance is no concern whatsoever, what
> exactly are the data integrity issues that come up when using AFS to
> store Cyrus data?

are you going to have multiple front ends accessing the data, or just one
machine?

i know which people you were talking to, i'm kind of curious how this
particular use for afs came up.

we told people not to use nfs behind cyrus either, though you can. it's
just not the best idea.