[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Client Availability

Edward P Rosenbloom edrosen@us.ibm.com
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:10:19 -0500

--=_alternative 00796CD085257295_=

I have been using the Win32 OpenAfs client under SUA (the Win2003Server
version of SFU). Regrettably, the performance of the OpenAFS client on
Windows does not seem to be able to handle the "traffic" of building our
products under SUA. This is why I wondered if there were a "separate"
client for the "Winterix" platform.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding  tuning the performance of
OpenAFS on Win32?

Thank you.
----------------------------------
Edward P. Rosenbloom
IBM Systems & Technology Group
(845) 433-3459
edrosen@us.ibm.com

Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com>
03/05/2007 03:14 PM
Please respond to
jaltman@secure-endpoints.com

Edward P Rosenbloom/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS
cc
openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject
Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS Client Availability

Edward P Rosenbloom wrote:

> I am interesterd in knowing if anyone has come across, or constructed,
> an AFS client for either the power-pc Linux platform, or the Windows
> Subsystem for Unix Architecture (a.k.a SUA, SFU, Interix)

Microsoft Services for Unix (aka Interix) relies on the underlying file
systems available to Windows.  Use the existing OpenAFS for Windows
distribution.

Jeffrey Altman
Secure Endpoints Inc.

--=_alternative 00796CD085257295_=

client under SUA (the Win2003Server &nbsp;version of SFU). Regrettably,
the performance of the OpenAFS client on Windows does not seem to be able
to handle the &quot;traffic&quot; of building our products under SUA. This
is why I wondered if there were a &quot;separate&quot; client for the &quot;Winterix&quot;
platform.</font>
regarding &nbsp;tuning the performance of OpenAFS on Win32?</font>
Thank you.<br>
----------------------------------<br>
Edward P. Rosenbloom<br>
IBM Systems &amp; Technology Group<br>
(845) 433-3459<br>
edrosen@us.ibm.com<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I am interesterd in knowing if anyone has come across, or constructed,<br>
&gt; an AFS client for either the power-pc Linux platform, or the Windows<br>
&gt; Subsystem for Unix Architecture (a.k.a SUA, SFU, Interix)<br>
&gt; <br>
Microsoft Services for Unix (aka Interix) relies on the underlying file<br>
systems available to Windows. &nbsp;Use the existing OpenAFS for Windows<br>
distribution.<br>
Jeffrey Altman<br>
Secure Endpoints Inc.<br>
--=_alternative 00796CD085257295_=--