[OpenAFS] OpenAFS Client Availability

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 16:25:36 -0600

Edward P Rosenbloom <edrosen@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>I have been using the Win32 OpenAfs client under SUA (the Win2003Server
> version of SFU). Regrettably, the performance of the OpenAFS client on
> Windows does not seem to be able to handle the "traffic" of building
> our products under SUA.

Can you be more specific?

> Does anyone have any recommendations regarding  tuning the
> performance of OpenAFS on Win32?

Encryption is on by default on the Windows client.  Fs setcrypt off and
see if that improves performance.  You can also set the cache size
larger and tweak other parameters.

Do you happen to know the working set size of all the files in your
build process?  Its probably best if all files that are needed can be
cached on the client machine.  The default cache is only 100MB or so,
which might be too small in your case.

Are you using the latest 1.5.X series client?

On what hardware are you experiencing problems?

<<CDC