[OpenAFS] Re: unix owner/group of files in AFS

FB fbo2@gmx.net
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:39:12 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 07:13:21PM -0700, Adam Megacz wrote:

> Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
> > someone had nss_pts. that's the right idea.
>
> http://tarna.oit.unc.edu/~utoddl/nss_pts_0.2.tgz
>
> Hey neat, the output of 'ls' shows pts names.

Based on nss_pts, i wrote nss-ptdb which provides some more features:
   * fake homedirectory information from ptdb
     ( homedir= /afs/$cellname/user/$username )
   * client-server-based: because of threading-issues, the actual afs-calls
     are done by a small local server process. The nss-plugin communicates
     with that server process to resolve names.
   * debian-packages are available :-)

I've got two AFS-cells using libnss-ptdb exclusively for username-lookup.

Sourcecode is available here:

  ftp://instantafs.cbs.mpg.de/instantafs/debian/sarge/libnss-ptdb/1.0.5-3+1sarge

Regards,

Frank