[OpenAFS] unix owner/group of files in AFS

Juha Jäykkä juhaj@iki.fi
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:43:40 +0200

--Sig_AhaUdA0jekwhsMD0BvqjZ4d

>   3. any additional meaning given to the unix owner/group of a file
>        - For example, the PTS identity which is numerically equal to
>          the owner userid of the root directory of a volume has
>          implicit "a" rights on the volume.

Is this really true? If it were, it would solve our long-standing problem
of having to involve administrators each time a user wants to give up a
directory in afs space. Currently using PTS groups works pretty nicely,
but it also requires too many grops to be easily managed: we have lots of
directories where just two users are allowed access. The members of these
groups also change pretty frequently, so they are somewhat troublesome.

-Juha

--=20
		| Juha J=C3=A4ykk=C3=A4, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|