[OpenAFS] Problems setting up an initial AFS cell...

Thomas Kula kula@tproa.net
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:35:29 -0400

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 12:25:44PM -0600, Joseph Galbraith wrote:

> Ahh... thanks.
>
> I've been trying to follow the quick start guide.
>
> Any hints as to what I should be doing instead?  The
> quick start just keeps referring me to contacting
> IBM support if I don't want to use kaserver.

Between
 http://kula.public.iastate.edu/talks/afs-bpw-2006/
and
 http://kula.public.iastate.edu/talks/afs-bpw-2005/

I think you'd find all the clues you'd need to get
the afs stuff working with a conventional kerberos
5 kdc. Look at the 2005 one if you are using Heimdal,
the 2006 one if you are using MIT. Paths will probably
have to be translated into whatever you are using is
using, but hopefully enough bits will be there to
glean what you need out of it.

One of the items I've been really wanting to get off
The Project List (TM) is a good building a cell from
scratch document using recommended stuff (like a K5
kdc) and ignoring the depreciated stuff (like
kaserver).

--
Thomas L. Kula | kula@tproa.net | http://kula.tproa.net/