[OpenAFS] Problems setting up an initial AFS cell...

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:45:29 -0500

Joseph Galbraith <galb@vandyke.com> writes:
> I'm trying to set up an initial cell, using a Fedora Core 5 install
> on a VM (this is a fresh install; the only thing I've done is pull
> the new tzdata via yum, no other updates.)

Here is a set of directions using kerberos 5:
	/afs/umich.edu/user/m/d/mdw/wp/uniq.2y
this should get you past the point of setting up openafs
with kerberos 5.  As a bonus which won't matter for
you, they also avoid the need for "-noauth" mode.

The current openafs cvs repository does contain the documentation
from ibm - one of the things that needs doing is to update
this documentation to reflect whatever we want people to
be doing today.  There are also some improvements that can
be made to ptserver ('pts -localauth') that would improve
the install experience (avoiding -noauth).

				-Marcus Watts