[OpenAFS] openafs w/ amd64 kernel and 32bit user space

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 07:38:22 -0400

In message <4604592C.9010307@taltos.org>,Carson Gaspar writes:
>And sadly many user-land pieces still are not 64-bit clean. I know that
>I've had to fall back to 32-bit mode for several apps on my Solaris x86
>server, as I didn't have the time & energy to fix the crappy source.

i know there are issues with running a 64-bit server on ia64.  i suspect
its mostly just missing prototypes breaking bosserver et al.  fixing
prototypes was the bulk of the work to get the afs client working on ia64.

if you could mention which apps (or fill a bug report) someone might
work on them.