[OpenAFS] openafs w/ amd64 kernel and 32bit user space

Carson Gaspar carson@taltos.org
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:22:00 -0700

Sean O'Malley wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Carson Gaspar wrote:
>
>> And sadly many user-land pieces still are not 64-bit clean. I know that
>> I've had to fall back to 32-bit mode for several apps on my Solaris x86
>> server, as I didn't have the time & energy to fix the crappy source.
>
> I ran into the same problem =) I started hacking AFS to get userland stuff
> working, but put a dent in my head banging off the wall. I did manage to
> get it to compile, and started in with lint but that was about as far as I
> got. :)

To clarify, as 2 people have misunderstood my message, I have had _no_
problems with OpenAFS 64-bit (but I've only used it on RHEL4). I've had
many problems with _other_ pieces of software, thus my sympathy for
wanting a 32-bit user space.

--
Carson