[OpenAFS] openafs w/ amd64 kernel and 32bit user space

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:07:07 -0400

In message <Pine.GSO.4.33.0703261858280.28190-100000@eclipse.cl.msu.edu>,"Sean
O'Malley" writes:
>I ran into the same problem =) I started hacking AFS to get userland stuff
>working, but put a dent in my head banging off the wall. I did manage to
>get it to compile, and started in with lint but that was about as far as I
>got. :)

dont bother with lint.  just collect the warnings.  anything about
implicit is likely bad news on 64-bit.  after than, any casting to/from
wrong size integers is possibly bad.  afs has a habit of casting
int's to void * and back again which is safe.  that was the bulk of
the work getting the ia64 client to run 64-bit.